Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My audience now includes: United States, Germany, India, Canada, France, South Korea & Slovenia...I am so flattered!!

I am very flattered that so many people are reading my blog. Initially I started writing it to get stuff off my chest and to sort of leave a diary for Steve when I die. I thought that he could read what was going on in my head and still have a link to me through this blog, now I am finding that other people are reading it and my one wish is it will give someone hope.

To have people in six countries plus the United States read what I have to write is really mind blowing, who would have thought??? Karen & Pat???? It was those two friends that first suggested I should write a blog, boy were they right...thanks girls! I am just writing what I feel when I sit down at the computer, sometimes I am irritated and it is a wonderful release to just write it out. I am telling you about the good days, the bad days and what I am going through as a pancreatic cancer survivor and a person with non-hodgekins lymphoma. Some of it is boring and everyday, some of it is more interesting...I hope.

This morning has sort of thrown me for a loop. Reading the obituraries...there is a beautiful little 4 year old boy who died from cancer...talk about giving you a case of survivors guilt, if that doesn't do it believe me nothing will. I am always reading or hearing about this person or that person dying from cancer and of course you think why was I spared? It is especially difficult when it is someone so young, but little Gary Key was a baby, he was only 4 years old! And just think how much of his little life was affected by his cancer, it is just heart breaking...I don't care if you have never met them you cannot help but be affected by his death. I know many people much younger and that have children and grandchildren, why them and not me? I have read many blogs by people who have lost someone to pancreatic cancer and many of them say that they look at the survivors and wonder why they lived and their loved one didn't.

The message that I really want out in the universe is that you must enjoy your life like it is the last day. Treasure all the people that you love and care about, be thankful for your health, you will never know how important it is until you have a medical issue,
have compassion for those less fortunate, think of others and remember there is always someone worse off than you.

Thank every one of the folks that take time out of their day to read my blogs...I am truly flattered that you take time out of your day to read what I have to say. It is like a good therapy session for me. It allows my thoughts to come out and it is a diary for Steve.

Positive thoughts = positive energy, let's rock the world!!!!

Health, happiness, peace and love my friends....  :)