Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Looks can be deceiving...

Looks really can be deceiving, when I have the energy I sometimes get the bare minerals make-up and mascara out, and wa-la...I look pretty good, sorta by nature because the bare minerals is made of a mineral compound. No seriously, if you look good you feel good, so I have been trying to spruce up every once in a while. When you are a housewife make-up is not used as much as when you have to go to the office every day, and trust me I enjoy that too. Since my surgery last year my coloring has improved greatly anyway, so when I do use a little make-up it makes me look healthy and sometimes even glowing, and I must admit that it does make me feel better sometimes...Looking pale and sick is not a good look for anybody, so I say if you can do something that makes you feel better and it does not hurt anyone else, then go for it!
Use any trick you can for the mind to think you feel good.

I am bringing up the looks can be deceiving because of something someone said to me last week. I met a very nice lady and we were talking...in the course of our conversation I told her I had had pancreatic cancer surgery 14 months ago and have  MS, non-hodgkins lymphoma, diabetes, a-fib, hi blood pressure & underactive thyroid...I left some illnesses out because they are to numerous to list...and her mouth dropped open, she could not believe that I was walking around with all this stuff going on in my body and looked as good as I did. I would like everyone to remember that with a little make-up and mascara someone that feels like crap can put forth the appearance of looking good. So remember, that person that you are loosing patience with at the store, may be someone just like me or someone a whole lot worse off than me, and you would never know just by looking at them. Just a little food for thought the next time you are fuming because someone is holding you up and taking what you think is too much time...

Yesterday I had a lot of big plans for all the chores I was gonna do, well I got about half of them done.  It is amazing how quick my energy is zapped these days. I did get most of the laundry done and changed the bed, but no macaroni salad or fried chicken. By dinner time last night I was so drained and felt a little icky, so it was leftover pulled pork sandwiches to the rescue. I did sit on the front porch and enjoy the nice day most of the day yesterday...so I did get a lot of fresh air and a little sun (vitamin D). And of course Janie had a good time playing in the yard and running back to give me some doggie kisses and rest every once in a while. So I may not have gotten much housework done but I sure did enjoy the day.

This morning is especially nice, I had a cup of coffee on the porch at around 3am and it is really nice out there this morning. The temps must be in the low 60's or high 50's  and were just perfect for rocking and having that 2nd cup of coffee. I guess I will try to do some chores today, I am not sure how much I am gonna do we will see as the day goes on. For sure I am gonna clean up the kitchen and then the rest will have to take its chances getting done. :) Who knows, if it is really nice I may just spend another day on the porch rocking and swinging.

Okay, time to go eat breakfast so I can take my morning handful of pills...I may cheat this morning and have waffles, sounds good to me I will have fresh strawberries with them that way half of breakfast will be healthy ;) Please remember to be grateful for your health, you will never know what a treasure you have until a serious illness or disease hits you, be thankful for the people that love and care about you, hug a kid, hug & kiss a friend, tell those you love how much they mean to you...do not wait until tomorrow remember tomorrow will not come for some of us one day.

Positive thoughts=positive energy, let's rock the world!!!

Health, happiness, peace and love my friends...  :)