Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I wish Cancer Treatment Centers of America would change their commercials...

Janie thinks so too!
I am so tired of everytime they have a commercial it is a person with pancreatic cancer, saying how, when they say they have pancreatic cancer people think they are going to die...Let's get this straight people...all of us are going to die, some of us a little sooner than others, but death is something that does not discriminate...it comes for us all in the end. It is not something to fear as it is a natural part of the life cycle. And no, I am not "so strong" I have just accepted it. That does not mean I like it, because I sure as hell do not, but I am not afraid of it either. The dying process scares me a lot more than dying...but I choose to live my life, not sit around worrying about how much time I have...remember it is the quality of life, not the quantity of life that really counts.

Speaking of the quality of life, this morning is absolutely fabulous...it must be around 60 degrees, the little night creatures are making their noises, I can hear the deer moving around in the woods and other than that it is quiet. No cars are moving around yet and the dogs are sleeping so there is a peacefulness in the early morning hours that you just don't get during the day. To me this is a very special time of the day, I love it when it is nice enough to have a cup of coffee on the front porch and watch the day start to awaken. When I do this, it is surprising what it does for my mood and overall feeling. The little things are the best, sitting on my swing or better laying on it or sitting in the rocking chair just soaking it all in...love it, love it, love it.

Today I am going to try and catch up with the laundry, only a couple of loads to do so that should be easy...in fact I have washed, dried and folded one load, washed a second and have it in the dryer already. I am thinking about fried chicken for dinner, maybe I'll make some macaroni salad, too...leftovers, hmmm-great idea! If I go ahead and make the macaroni salad this morning it will be great by dinner time...I may even try to change the bed, but we will see on that one, either today or tomorrow. Nothing like fresh laundered sheets for a good nights sleep though, so maybe I will push for today. I have not been sleeping very well so maybe it will help for a night. Plus I am definately going to finish the baby afghan I have been working on, like forever...I am so close that it won't take very long to finish it up, about 1/2 row, then one row of single crochet and it is done and ready for sale. So that is definately a must for today, I want to start the next one...for my friend Sandy's grandson due in September. :)

Okay time to go eat breakfast and take my morning handful of pills. Remember to be thankful for your health, the people that love and care about you and everything you have been blessed with. So many people are struggling these days, let us remember them and pray things get better for them! And remember there is always someone that has it worse than you do, so don't become so self involved that you fail to see the suffering and struggles of others...  Live life, don't waste it.

Positive thoughts=positive energy, let's fill the world with it!!!!

Health, happiness, peace and love my friends... :)