Sunday, August 14, 2011

A few good days...even made a new friend...

I have not been blogging for a few days but I have been okay. I got up Friday and did not feel especially good but I had not been out grocery shopping for weeks, so I decided to just go for it. My friend, Sandy, had stopped by Thursday afternoon and cut my hair so I was "all spruced up", I decided to put a little makeup on, to give the appearance of a healthy glow and even threw in some mascara...so I was "looking good" hahaha 

I was just kinda looking around Walmart and this lady named Linda came up to me and said "Hi, I really like your haircut, it's so cute. Do you mind if I ask, do you have thin hair"? That is how the conversation started...she was very nice and one thing led to another and we probably talked for a good 30 - 45 minutes. And as we were parting to continue our shopping she said she "would love to get together and just talk for a day", so we exchanged our phone numbers and hopefully will get together one day say for lunch or something. I am definately into making some new friends and she seems nice and is around my age so who knows...maybe I was at the right place at the right time. 

I was doing my shopping in the early morning which is my favorite time to shop. Sorry to say this but the mother's are not out with their screaming running children when you go early. Mostly there are the "old farts" like me in there and I have a nodding aquaintance with most of them, some of us have progressed to a short casual exchange. So for me grocery shopping kills many birds with one stone. And I had missed it for a few weeks, thankfully I have Steve who had been getting the groceries while I was sick, but I do enjoy doing my own shopping when I can.  The beautiful roses that are shown in this blog, were 18 roses for 1/2 price=$5.00...so how could I leave them in the store, they were begging me to bring them home and enjoy their beauty and that is exactly what I am doing...they are beautiful and I love looking at them. One of the many benefits of going early.  I think I have a gene for loving flowers, every female on my grandmothers side has it. :)

Friday I decided to bite the bullet and make Carolina spicy pulled pork in the slow cooker...well you all know about this raw meat thing I have had going on recently...so putting the dry rub on Friday night was pretty gross, but I got over the nausea in about 30 minutes so it was not that bad. I let the pork marinate with the dry rub overnight so Saturday morning I had to handle ickier raw meat...but holding my breath and handling it as little as possible I was able to get it into the slow cooker and the rest as they say was culinary history.  Not bragging but it is the best pulled pork around, served on a grilled bun with a little cole slaw...yum, yum! Plus since it is a 5lb shoulder there are plenty of leftovers. We are having them today and one day later in the week and I have three containers in the freezer. I have to start thinking ahead and when I cook make extra and freeze it for the days I do not feel well. Duh!, guess I should have been doing that like forever. I may have been a little slow on the uptake but I got it now. My frozen dinners will be better for us than the store bought ones. And I am not knocking them either, believe me they have saved me many times these last couple of years. There are many days I just cannot cook.

Okay, enough for now...I must go eat some breakfast and take my morning handful of pills that keep me going, geez wish there was another way to feel ok instead of a pill for this and a pill for that, but right now I have no choice...I value every day I have had and I appreciate the wonders of life. Remember to be thankful for everything you have been blessed with, the people that love and care about you, your health, the ability to buy food and pay your bills...many are struggling every day just to feed their family let's remember them. 

Health, happiness, peace and love my friends...  :)

Positive thoughts=positive energy=positive outcome...