Sunday, August 7, 2011

I slept, snacked and crocheted most of the day Saturday...

Well at least we got a little rain, but now it is humid as a sauna out there this morning. I hate hot humid days, those are the ones that drive me indoors with the air conditioning on. It seems that the humid days just drain my energy and strength...and it takes forever to get motivated to do anything. Hopefully as the sun comes up the humidity will go away too. 

Hopefully, Steve will be home soon, he went to West Virginia yesterday to help a friend rework a bathroom. That is one of the drawbacks of having someone that can do anything...when something goes wrong everyone knows who to call. But really I don't mind these are good friends and it will save them a boatload of money. I took advantage of him being gone yesterday and just slept and snacked pretty much all day. I did some work on the baby afghan I am making, I have about 12 rows and the border and it will be done. Guess I will do some more work on it today, maybe even come close to fininishing it...depending on how much I can do today.

I really wish I could come up with something good to cook...I am tired of the same old thing and need a new taste sensation, guess I am going to have to put the old thinking cap on. It would really help if I did not have this aversion to raw meat. I have no idea where it came from, but for quite a while now I have this thing with raw meat. I can eat some of it, if Steve cooks it or preps it for me. I guess I should be grateful for all the frozen things I can get and cook, but they are just not the same as homemade. Hmmm.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, remember to be thankful for your health, the people that you love and everything you have been blessed with. No matter what problems you have believe me there are others worse off than you, if people stopped thinking just about themselves the world would be a better place...don't be a fake friend you either are or you aren't...I have found that some of my "friends" turned out to be "people I know" instead and that is ok, because we do get to choose our friends and I am definately better off without some of mine. Being sick does give you that time you need to really sort things out. Most think being a friend is "doing" something for you but that is not what it is all about, if you don't care enough to pick up the phone and call and just say hi, how are you doing?...then you are not a friend, you are a person I know and I know a lot of people.

Health, happiness, peace and love my friends. :)