Monday, August 8, 2011

It's Monday morning...starting a new week...

Here we are beginning a new week. I got up at 2am with Steve this morning, and let me tell you that is not the time to be making Hillshire Farm Roast beef sandwiches, especially if your stomach is a little on the so so side. When the aroma of all the garlic and spices assault your senses at that time of the morning is a little overwhelming. Thank goodness Steve wrapped it up for me and saved me from it...I guess he is gonna be eating turkey & chicken for a while. :) 

This morning has been very pleasant, the air is a bit cooler than the past few days, there is a gentle breeze and a lot less humidity. I guess the days are gonna be hot but right now it is really nice out. I enjoy sitting on my front porch on mornings like this and have a second cup of coffee and maybe crochet a little. I have had to slow down on the crocheting because it is hurting my scar a little, so I have to do a few rows and put it down for a little bit and then I can go back and do a few more. Sure will be glad when all the pain and soreness is gone...it is amazing how much some places still ache even after all this time. Guess eventually it will go away!

With the start of a new week I hope everyone has an amazing week, remember to be thoughtful of others, thankful for your health, your home, the clothes you wear, the food you eat everyday, remember some people are not lucky enough to eat everyday.
Be grateful for the people that you love and think of those less fortunate.

This week we should all pray for the government to get their act together and find a solution to the economic woes, unemployment and all the other problems we have.  They are making our country look weak and foolish. I think they are well compensated to do their jobs...so what is the problem? In a democracy it is supposed to be compromise, where are any of these guys compromising on anything but their own salary increases. They need to cut the bull, do their jobs and quit whining about it.

Ok enough of that, I am going to go do a load of laundry and straighten up a little. Maybe today I will get to work on the afghan some more, I am down to 5 rows on the stick which is what hurts and then put the border on it and it is done!! Yeah!!

Health, happiness, peace and love my friends...  :)