Friday, August 5, 2011

Smiles are free, so why not give a few away today? :)

I don't know where the expression "dog days of summer" really comes from, but I would have called it the "turtle days of summer"...the last few weeks all I have been able to do is stick my head out the door and then right back in, more like a turtle to me. I cannot take the heat and at the same time I have to wear a sweater in the air conditioning...go figure, I am not even trying to figure my body out anymore, there is too much going on in there for me to control any of it anyways. I do the best I can, I eat as much and as well as my body allows, I rest pretty much all the time...no energy at all these days, and I plug along each day.

I have found that my crocheting has been the biggest diversion for me so far. I do not feel like dragging out the sewing machine and sewing, so I can whip out the old crochet hook and a skein of yarn and wala, afghans...any color any size. I am even thinking about making a card to put up and give out, maybe I could get some orders and make a little money for them instead of giving them away all the time. Oh, I don't mind giving them away...I just got my feelings hurt in May, asked someone I knew who was pregnant to stop by and get her afghan, long story short I have not seen or heard from her...so I gave it to someone else a couple of weeks ago. After that I decided to just make and sell them, that way I don't get my feelings hurt...

There seems to be very little that you can control but you can control your actions. I have found that after cancer people treat you completely different. I think a lot of people would like to see an isolation island and just ship us there, so we don't interfere with your lives and time. I would like everyone to know I may have cancer, but I am still very much alive. I have bad days and weeks and I deal with them alone, except for my husband Steve. I don't ask anyone to do anything for me, because I am tired of being let down or lied to...but just remember not to ask me to do anything for you anymore, because now I do not have the time for you either...all my time and energy are going to be used to fight my cancer and help those who deserve it.

It is funny how people that I have reconnected with from my past have been more supportive than my so-called friends down the street. I know that facebook gets a bad rap on some fronts, but it has been wonderful for me. I have gotten back in touch with old friends and classmates and gave me company when I was sick and alone. My facebook family is always there with a comforting word, encouragement and kudos when things go great. I can share with them and have the sense of release that a good therapy session would do. Everyone has something they are going thru, illness, disease, sick children, financial difficulties, family problems whatever, none of us are immune to the heartaches of life. Remember to be kind to those less fortunate, appreciate the wonderous gift of life and your health, hug a kid, kiss your loved ones and tell them how much they mean to you.

Remember smiles are free, so why not give a few away today? :)

Positive thoughts=positive energy=positive outcome...

Health, happiness, peace and love my friends!!!  :)

Janie sending a smile! :)