Monday, August 1, 2011

Coffee at 3am on the front porch just can't be beat....

The morning air is fresh and a little cooler than we have been having. It is such a wonderful way to start the day. Steve has left for work, coffee in hand to the front porch I go, Janie loves to chase the bugs the outside lights draw in and I love the sounds of the night creatures...the crickets are chirping an owl somewhere very close is hooting, you can hear the deer moving thru the woods, other than that it is quiet and peaceful. To just feel good enough to finally feel like having a morning cup of coffee is a great improvement, this is the first in almost 2 weeks and it was grand!! Yesterday I finally mustered enough energy to snap the green beans that have been in the fridge patiently waiting and cooked them with some new potatoes...may I brag and say they were the best thing I have eaten in 2 weeks? Today it is gonna be eggplant parmesan and maybe even some cupcakes. I know I can't get carried away on the sweets but just a little won't kill me and if it does at least I will be happy. I have felt so bad and then got into a little depression this past 2 weeks,  I just have to force myself to get up and do something, anything and when I can't get up and do something at least I feel like crocheting again. Making baby afghans and lap blankets has always been relaxing and fun for me...I know that when a baby gets one of the afghans I make they literally have it for life and hopefully, I will be able to make a modest amount to replace the yarn and give me a little pocket money. I hope all of my friends good luck and success in the coming week, be grateful for your health, thankful for your loved ones, hug a kid, kiss a friend and tell them they are important to you. Remember all those that are less fortunate, there is always someone who is worse off than you. Don't dwell on the negative, it will pull you down at a very vunerable time...don't depend on someone else for your happiness, it comes from within and only we have the key! Health, happiness, peace and love my friends..  :)