Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blackberry cobbler may not be on the diabetic diet, but damn it was good...

Steve went to West Virginia this weekend and helped friends of ours do some major repairs to their bathroom...and as they say no good deed goes unpaid, I was sent zucchini, yellow & white squash, cucumbers and half of a delicious blackberry cobbler. So yesterday when I went to the store I picked up some vanilla ice cream which goes perfectly with the cobbler. The way my appetite has been going lately, I am not going to worry about a little cobbler and ice cream. I will gladly eat anything that does not make me feel like I have to throw up.

Today is looking pretty nice, it is gonna be hard to get motivated to clean and do chores inside, I am more inclined to go sit on the front porch and finish my afghan. I am putting the border on it and it will be done. It is hard to tell which way the wind will blow me, I don't really make plans anymore I just sorta go with the flow. And with the temps better, not as much humidity, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, traffic is moving around with people getting to work, the squirrels are running around in the yard playing and of course Janie is checking everything out in the yard this morning...I don't know, I may just have to go out for a few hours anyway.

Ok gonna go for now, I need to take something out of the freezer for dinner and decide what to do today, one thing for sure I am not going to do to much, I have a nagging pain under my ribs this morning so motivation is gonna be hard to get.

Be thankful for your health, the people that love you and everything you have been blessed with. Live your life don't waste it, it is the most precious gift you have been given!  Positive thoughts=positive energy=positive outcome....

Health, happiness, peace & love my friends...  :)