Tuesday, January 31, 2012

3rd IV chemo infusion tomorrow, if blood work is ok...the a one week break.

Yeah, it is a shame that as soon as I start to feel a little better, then it is time for more chemo and sick, sick, sick all over again. I hope it works and is worth all it has put me through, I would hate to be making myself this sick every week and not live very long either. I do not mean to sound ungrateful, but this gets harder each week and it is just getting to me. I am the person that is usually doing something for someone or taking care of my house, shopping and laundry, not the person laying on the couch to sick or weak to get up and carry on business as usual. I am very thankful for the days that I feel like eating and can actually get something down, but I sure will be glad when I can do the cooking again...Steve tries but bless his heart he is not the best cook in the world and he gets frustrated when something goes wrong and then it sort of snowballs on him...so many dinners are just so so.

I am very grateful for everything Steve does, he has driven me to every radiation treatment, chemo infusion, doctors appointment, to do my lab work...not to mention the grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions, helping with the house, specifically the kitchen...and of course the cooking. I have no idea what I would possibly do without his love, support and help. Cancer is a very scary disease and it takes a special person to stay with you in the trenches for the long haul. It is not very pretty as you lose a lot of weight and really look different...I have nausea and diarrhea often, both of which lend a hand to the fatigue, which is really one of the worst symptoms, sometimes I am actually to tired to sit up. That is why I have times that I cannot sit up at the computer long enough to blog or even write something short. I know it sounds like a bunch of bull but it is really true.

If there is one thing I can convey to everyone it is to take a few moments, put yourself in someone else's shoes and see what they are going thru...maybe your own problems will suddenly seem smaller than before. Enjoy every day of your life, each one is special and should be cherished, share your love with the people that mean something to you, don't wait to say I love you in a funeral home and regret all that was unspoken and given in life.

Health, happiness, peace and love my friends! May God smile on each of you today.. :)