Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life...

Greetings and good morning...welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! Now that Christmas and New Year's is behind us, back to our normal routines. For those lucky enough to have jobs, one more day off and then back to the work grind, for me 2 more weeks and I start IV chemo...hopefully, this will shrink the pancreatic cancer more or even better go into remission!

Yesterday I took down the Christmas decorations and cards and got the house back in order. Now today if I can find the energy to vaccum! My main Christmas gift was new rugs for my living room, dining room, dining area, hall runners to match and a wonderful comfort zone mat for the kitchen and a runner and mat for the front door. And I also got some new clothes, yeah!!!, outfits that actually fit. I have lost 36 lbs. so the only thing that still fit was my socks, lol...at least now these don't hang on me and make me look like a starving person. It is funny how proper fitting clothes make you feel better for some strange reason, and since the doctor said it was doubtful I would gain weight, well you see how it goes.

Today I hope to make another lemon coconut cake...if anyone likes lemon cake and coconut I highly suggest trying one, I use buttercream icing and it is delicious!! Yum, yum, yum, I wish everyone could have a slice! That is the thing I miss the most since I have been sick and that is cooking and baking...oh sure, Steve tries but it is just not the same and he has not attempted baking. Over the past few months he is honing his cooking skills and getting better, but it sure is hard for him, working and trying to cook, clean and take care of me when I need it. That is why I am grateful when I feel good enough to at least help. The hardest part of having cancer is not being able to do what you want to do when you want to do it. 

I hear that the temperatures are going to be very cold this week so everyone be sure to bundle up with your heavy coats, scarves, gloves and hats...winter is finally upon us!!

Remember to be grateful for everything you have and the people that love you, live your life to the fullest do not waste one precious day!!! Smile at someone today, you never know it may be the only kindness they will see today!

Health, happiness, peace and love my friends...enjoy this amazing day!!!  :)