Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bye bye chemo & radiation side effects....

Yes, I think it is true!!! Finally I am waking up in the mornings without the nausea that has been my companion for the past several months. The past two mornings I have actually had coffee and really enjoyed it. I have been able to do a few things around the house, I just get tired easily and have to take more breaks and rest between chores. The best part behind not having nausea, is I am able to do a little cooking, so hopefully I will gain a few pounds. Steve tries, but he is not the best cook in the neighborhood and frozen dinners/entrees is just not the same as good home cooked food. Plus my food wants have changed since I have been sick and they have not returned to normal yet.

I think I will make a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup today...the temperatures are very cold and windy today so nice hot soup sounds really good, I know it is crazy to think about dinner at 3am, but when your husband does service work you keep strange hours. I did bake another lemon coconut cake and every time I look at it sitting on the counter...I think breakfast!, but no I will be a good girl and eat something healthy, then I'll have cake... :)

Today my goal is to vacuum the whole house and do two loads of laundry, well and make my soup in the background as I am doing the other stuff...I keep looking at my teapot collection on my upper kitchen cabinets, they have about 2 years of dust on them and I keep thinking I could get the step-stool, take everything down, clean the cabinets, wash everything and put it back...yes it would be great to see them nice and clean and shiny but I guess that may be a little to much, the stretching and climbing may be to much right now, so I guess I'll pass on them for a while. Their day will come sooner or later.

Okay, I guess it is time to get off the computer and get busy...remember to tell those you love how much they mean to you, don't waste your time worrying about things you cannot change, do not waste one precious day of your life with the what if's or I should have's...Have an amazing day, smile at a stranger, it may be the only one they get all day, hug a friend, just step outside and take in the glory of the day, take a deep cleansing breath and view the beauty around you for just a minute...

Health, happiness, peace & love my friends, have an amazing day!!! :)