Monday, May 2, 2011

just rambling...

Today I have a few things on my mind and I decided to blog, instead of posting on facebook. For me facebook has been a way of reconnecting with old friends, classmates and co-workers, along the way I have been fortunate enough to make some really great new friends. What confuses me is why do people "friend" you on facebook? Is it for the greatest number of friends, because you have something in common, or because it is someone you know? Some of my friendships on facebook are blossoming and growing, while others are just sucking the air right out of me...I have fought cancer, am dealing with the fact that I still have cancer and there is nothing I can do about it, but not allow it to take my joy in life away. I will admit there are days that I am depressed, when I don't feel well or when the fear creeps in, but I have always been able to pull myself together and go on. BUT the thing that amazes me is why do people "friend" you, only to ignore you? Ignore every message, post, photo or whatever you say to them, why in the hell do you waste your space and my space and time? I understand that sometimes we do not agree with what others say or post on our walls, but if you are going to friend a person then don't be so freaking RUDE! Rude, rude, rude yes I said rude. If you do not want to be friends with someone, don't "friend" them in the first place. Every person that I have sent an invitation to I knew, some better than others but I know everybody on my friends list. I am thinking strongly about "unfriending" some people. I think it may be easier, to get over them not being in my life anymore and avoid the ones that are still snobs after all these years...as they say out of sight out of mind. Don't get me wrong this rant is only because of a few people, I love my facebook friends and the connections we have, but I am tired of reaching out to some, only to return with an empty hand every time. To some, I have been a better friend to you than to be treated this way, and to the snobs, well you are no better than I am, you have your weaknesses and faults along with the rest of us...come on down to earth and join the rest of us peons! I am a good person, loyal to my family & friends, I love my husband and my little dog, I am always available to my friends I have not turned my back on one of them yet....Ahhhhhh, now I feel better...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments or thoughts. This is to make me feel better but if it helps someone that is even better.