Monday, May 23, 2011

wasting time and precious energy...

Damn! Well, my husband told me I was wasting my time and I did not listen to him. Yeah, you don't know what I am talking about I know, sorry...a few weeks ago I was working in my flower beds. I posted a comment on facebook and asked if anyone wanted some hostas. An aquaintance from the old school days said she did, when I asked how many she wanted, her reply was as many as you have. Knowing I had way more than she could possibly deal with I dug up two large boxes, 1 container and a small box of hostas, probably around 50 plants. These four containers of hostas have been sitting on my front porch for the past couple of weeks and I have been watering them and moving them around to get the optimum sun they needed. Well, after weeks of nurturing what I thought were "her" plants, juggling my plants around to give room for these containers and having her say she was going to call Sunday and try to get them. This morning I get the call that she is not going to be able to get them and maybe I can share them with someone else. Easily said. I went to a lot of work to dig these plants up, add soil to the containers so they would continue to grow until transplanted, taking care of them for weeks and moving them around all day Saturday while Steve was trying to sand the porch floor. What I tried to do as a gesture of friendliness was thrown back in my face. Oh, it was done ever so politely with apologies all around, but I really don't care about the list of excuses I was given. This has been weeks of having these plants in my way, joking about them online and not have a word said until today that she no longer wants them. I know it seems that I am overreacting to this but damn it I am getting tired of having to tie a frigging pork chop around my neck to get the family dog play with me. What do you have to do in the world to just have people mean what they say and do what they say they are going to do. This was and has been a lot of hard work. And yes, I am complaining! I would not mind it if I had not had cancer surgery and still feel like crap and have a lot of pain. I mean take em and throw them away, if you said you wanted them and changed your mind. And lastly don't insult me by offering to pay me for my time!!! I did this to share something I had growing in my flower gardens and in turn save a friend a lot of money. I do not know what I keep doing wrong, but I guess I am going to start staying to myself, have light social friendships and mind my own damn business. I am tired of reaching out only to have my hand spit in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments or thoughts. This is to make me feel better but if it helps someone that is even better.