Tuesday, April 19, 2011

be thankful for the "little things"....

I am thankful for so many things it would take a book to list them all. There are times that I get the blues and forget just how lucky I am. I have a husband that loves me and takes good care of me. I have a "little" dog, Janie, that has kept me company and has listened to all my fears, she has licked away my tears and she always knows when I don't feel well. Having Janie is bittersweet, she is a doll and I love her, but when this "war" with cancer started I had a 15yr old rat terrier mix named Judy, and to add to my heartbreak she died on May 8, 2010, three days before I had the appointment with the surgeon...to me this was almost unbearable and I cannot even describe the pain of losing her. Ok you have to understand that I do not have any children so my little dogs are like my children. Judy was such a special girl, she had been dropped off and lived on her for over 3 weeks before she ended up at my house, she chose us and decided that this was where she wanted to live and that was for 14 wonderful years. I just could not believe that she was taken from me at the same time that all this was happening, it seemed as though the universe was unusually cruel!!! I am so thankful for the 14 wonderful years that Judy was with me and I will love her forever and never forget her. Today, I am adjusting to life without Judy, but as Janie is nipping at my heels and rolling over acting cute somehow I feel like Judy had a paw in making sure that Janie got this as her forever home. Meanwhile, Judy is waiting at Rainbow Bridge....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments or thoughts. This is to make me feel better but if it helps someone that is even better.