Monday, April 18, 2011

thankful for this day.....

I am so thankful that I woke up this morning and was able to get out of bed, dress myself, let my little dog out to do "her business", feed her, fix myself breakfast, do a couple of loads of laundry, make my bed and straighten up a little. The next thing is to  take a short nap...Then more laundry, fix a light dinner since Steve has to work tonight, and hopefully I will have the energy to unload the clean dishes from the dishwasher, so I can put the days dirties in it. It is not the most exciting things to do on a monday, but for me it will take most of the day to accomplish, and I am so very thankful that even tho the progress is slow, if I stick to it and stay determined, there are so many things I can do. Some are still a bit difficult, but many just need to be adjusted...some are still out of my range...but I am determined that I will do everything I can when I can and I will not feel guilty if the dishes do not get done, or the floors aren't vaccumed & scrubbed...it sure is much easier now than it was after surgery...I had help for 2 weeks after surgery and then I was on my own...that was almost so hard that it made me want to give up but you can't...even when it is difficult, do your best, push yourself, do not give up & have hope, hope that all the pain will go away and bring you to the day you can say I am thankful for this day...

1 comment:

  1. Becky,
    I hope you don't mind I am following your blog .I was looking up Breast cancer and mammograms and came across your page .and have been reading this .I know it sounds funny even corny but it seems to help me alittle. they found some mass inmy breast so i was trying to look up info on the mammogram.I think it is just the unknown thet makes me look up stuff on here but it has been very nice reading your blog and i just want to say thank you for sharing.
    Becky Long

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments or thoughts. This is to make me feel better but if it helps someone that is even better.