Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The summer heat drives me indoors...working on baby afghan...

With temps hitting 97 degrees today I for sure will be doing inside stuff. I don't know about you all but this heat is brutal on me, not only does it mess with my MS and COPD it is just plain out miserable, even the plants hate it...I am so lucky to have air conditioning and be fortunate enough not to have to go out in it. I have been working on a baby afghan for the past 2 days and I will be finished in another day or 2, and yesterday I had a lady inquire about a twin size bedspread for her daughter so we shall see, if she really wants one...that is gonna be a long project but I kinda hope she does order one. I have made 2 queen and 2 king size bedspreads before so a twin should be easy enough, just have to figure out what to charge for it. Don't want to overcharge, but I would like to make something out of it. Crocheting has always been a favorite past-time for me, I don't even know how many afghans I have made in the last 30 years but I can tell you I have only sold 3...2 baby afghans and 1 lap blanket, so I guess it is about time I wise up and start selling them instead of just giving them away. Of the many I have given away I don't remember getting a call one time to say thanks. At least this way I can at least cover the cost of the yarn. I hope you all have a wonderful day, stay cool and hydrated!!! do what you need to do outdoors early this morning before it gets to hot. Remember to be thankful for everything you have, your loved ones and your health. Do not take anything for granted, life is a precious gift to be lived and enjoyed not wasted and piddled away...hug a friend, kiss a kid and smile. Positive thoughts=positive energy=positive results...Health, happiness, peace & love my friends!