Monday, July 25, 2011

The scary thing about getting really sick is, what is it? Virus or cancer...

Last Thursday morning I got up at the usual 2am and thought I was going to pack Steve's lunch, well it did not exactly work out the way I had planned. Within a few minutes I was drenched in sweat, shivering with chills and throwing up. In the blink of an eye I was to sick to even stand up and was driven to bed for the next 4 days, it was just yesterday that I could keep food down and finally was able to get up and move to the living room and lay on the couch to watch a little television. I can say this has been one of the worst four days, since my cancer surgery. I could not eat, drink, get comfortable, stay cool or stay warm...sounds weird but I alternated between sweating and freezing...doctor really wanted me to go to the hospital, but I convinced her I would force fluids and she sent me some fabulous anti-nausea pills with the promise if I was not better by the next day I would revisit the idea of going to the hospital. I was lucky that Steve took great care of me and got anything I thought I could keep down, thankfully chicken broth, jell-o and watermelon have finally come to an agreement with my stomach and at last I can eat something...I feel so much better than I have the past few days and I am so thankful that I have a loving husband that tries to do everything he can for me. The most heartbreaking part is the fear in his eyes if I feel bad and the panic that was on his face Thursday, Friday, Saturday...and then the relief that came this morning when he realized that I was feeling better, a little weak but sooooo much better. I actually feel like I will be able to eat breakfast in a little while and with food will return my strength. Of course I was sworn to not do anything today, to just lay around and recouperate...and the way I still feel that is one promise that is not going to be hard to keep. I am going to spend the day eating whatever my body will tolerate, drink plenty of fluids and maybe I will work on the afghan I started before this hit me. I sure won't feel guilty about not doing housework today, but I hate to waste the day so maybe crocheting is just what I need today.  I am so thankful for my Steve, my doctors and the many blessings I have been given, please do not take life for granted it is the most precious gift that you have ever received...don't let it pass you by...live it to the fullest. When life seems difficult, remember to never give up...to give up is to lose and loosing is not a option. Hug a kid, kiss your loved ones and don't be shy to tell them how much they mean to you...it is a sweet loving gesture that we don't practice nearly enough in the crazy world, slow down and enjoy the beauty around us... My wish for every one of you is HEALTH, HAPPINESS, PEACE & LOVE my friends...