Saturday, December 24, 2011

I Want To Wish You a MERRY CHRISTMAS, from the Bottom of My Heart

I want to wish each and everyone of you a very Merry Christmas (or whatever you celebrate)...this year has a very special meaning for me as it could be my last. I was not even going to trim a tree, but decided that we did indeed need one this year. So I have a very beautiful (live-potted) spruce tree about 3 1/2' tall, it may be small but to me it is beautiful, it is on a table in front of a window and looks 5' tall. :)

I wish I felt good enough to make my usual cookies, but since that probably isn't going to happen I cheated yesterday and bought some Betty Crocker cookie mixes...haha so I will get some cookies after all! I should definately have the energy to whip up a mix and bake a few dozen cookies, I have plenty of time. We decided that we did not want a turkey for dinner tomorrow, so instead I am making a pot roast, potatoes, carrots & onions in the crock pot...easy, just throw everything in and turn it on...come back a few hours later and dinner is ready. Instead of the traditional pumpkin pie, I am making a lemon cake with buttercream frosting covered in coconut...yum yum!!

I did manage to make it out and get Steve a present,which was bugging me, I had not been able to drive and shop so I was getting anxious that I would not be able to get him anything and this year it was very important to me. I do not know what I would have done without Steve during all this cancer stuff, he has cooked, cleaned, washed clothes, done the grocery shopping, picked up my meds, took me to every radiation treatment and doctor's appointment...and waited on me when I was to sick and weak to get up and do for myself. So this year needs to be special for my wonderful husband.

I am going to try to get through the next 2 days with all the joy that this wonderful season brings us and put cancer on the back burner, chemo and all the other stuff will be waiting for me when Christmas is over, but I am determined to make it as normal as possible.

I hope each and everyone of you have an amazing Christmas...remember it is not the gifts, it is the love that truly makes the holidays. Live each day to the fullest we do not know what tomorrow has planned. Tell the people that you love how much they mean to you, you can never hear you are loved to much!!

Health, happiness, peace & love my dear friends!! :)

HAVE A VERY VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!