Wednesday, December 14, 2011

6 weeks 30 treatments of radiation & 60 doses of chemo and the pancreatic cancer just shrunk a little...

Yes, damn it!!!! after 6 grueling weeks of radiation and chemo I just found out today that it did shrink the cancer, BUT not as much as the oncologist would have liked, so in 4 weeks I am supposed to start IV chemo to see if it will shrink it some more. That will be administered once a week for 3 weeks then one week off, then chemo again for 3 more weeks and then they will test to see what effect it has had on the cancer.

Sorry to all of you for not letting you know something sooner, but I had been getting sick when I tried to sit up at the computer, have still been fighting nausea on a daily basis and have been feeling to bad to chat. I appreciate all the cards, calls, messages and prayers that I have received and I have missed you all.  I am starting to feel a little better, so the docs plan is to wait 4 weeks to start the next round of chemo to let me re-coup and get a little stronger. Eating is soooo hard to do, and needless to say I am still losing weight despite my best efforts...down to 112 lbs. as of today.

This has been a very difficult journey and I fear the worst is still to come. I am disappointed that the cancer is not gone or shrunken tiny, but I am glad at least it did shrink a little. I am not looking forward to more chemo but I am thankful that at least they can do something else to see if it will help.

Sorry, but I am getting very tired so I am going to go lay down and let my body and mind rest for a while. I will be back in a day or so, until then take care and remember to tell the ones you love how much they mean to you, don't wish you had one day!!! Health, happiness, peace and love my friends....