Monday, September 26, 2011

A not so good ct scan, many changes some worrisome for pancreatic cancer recurrance...

I am so sorry that I just disappeared, but I have been sick and I did not get a good CT Scan report this time. There are several areas that they have listed as worrisome for pancreatic cancer recurrance, others as possible lymphoma. I am waiting now to see if a needle biopsy can be done, the doctors have to check my scan and see if they think they can reach it with the needle biopsy, as they do not open you up to do it. Also, the oncologist ordered blood work to check my pancreatic enzyme levels but I have not heard back about it. I am very nervous as to what is going on in my body, it seems that all of a sudden everything has just exploded. I also have a spot on my liver, two fluid pockets, and something they referred to as looking like ground glass in my right lower lung lobe, probably related to volume loss or inflammation.

I am almost afraid to go out, it seems that every time I go out later that night or the next day I get sick, throw up for about 8 - 12 hrs. and then feel like crap for the next 5 to 7 days. That is how my summer has been since July, I have had whatever this is 4 times already and the winter has not even started yet. And I am still loosing weight despite taking that icky elixer before meals. When I went to the oncologists last week I had lost another 4 lbs., now I am down to 120.7 lbs., damn I do not remember the last time I weighed 120 lbs...for me it is definately not a good thing.

I am just hanging until the biopsy, depending on which cancer is acting up depends on the next course of treatment, the oncologist says they are two entirely different treatments so the first thing to do is identify which cancer we are dealing with. My best hope is that it is the lymphoma, that can be treated with chemo. If it is the pancreatic cancer reoccurring, they do not do a second surgery and it will kill me. So I am very nervous as to what the hell is going on and the waiting is nerve wracking. That is the main reason I have not been on the computer lately...my nerves are shot and I am drained after being sick. I should know today or tomorrow whether they can do a needle biopsy or not...

I will keep you posted as to what is happening, but some days I am so drained and tired that I just cannot get on the computer.

I cannot thank you all enough for all the messages I have received, please continue to  keep me in your prayers I know it works!